JUMC Kids Korner:
We need YOU!
The Children's Ministry and the Hospitality Committee are hosting a Trunk or Treat event October 27 from 5:30 to 7 p.m..
Please sign up to participate and hand out candy from your decorated car or truck.
Costumes are encouraged but optional.
We are planning for 500 trick-or-treaters.
Our amazing Wednesday Night Dinner Crew will prepare bagged hotdog suppers which include chips, cookie and a drink.
All Saints and Communion Sunday at
Jackson UMC, November 14
All Saints Sunday is an opportunity to give thanks for those who have gone before us in the faith. We will celebrate All Saints Sunday at Jackson UMC on November 14, and we will also serve communion. Let us know your loved one’s name and date of passing. Email the office by Tuesday, November 9. Use only email@example.com when emailing the office. You may also drop a note in the offering plate, drop a note by the office, or drop a note in the black mailbox at the office backdoor. Please provide contact information of the family, so we can invite the family to church on this Sunday to celebrate with us.
Missions and Service Projects
You, the Congregation of Jackson United Methodist Church, are very busy helping your community near and far. These are the various projects you are involved in at this time.
· CERF – Christian Emergency Relief Foundation, serving residents of Butts County.
· Quarters for Missions/Global Mission Projects – Using Congregational donations for Global Mission projects.
· JUMC Young Adults – Young adult small group gatherings.
· JUMC Youth – Youth fellowship and mission projects.
· JUMC Children – Children fellowship and mission projects.
· Backpack Food Mission/School Supplies Mission – Staying connected to our Butts County Schools to help supplement the food and school supply needs of our county’s children.
· Let’s Wrap – Annual distribution of coats and gloves to Butts County elementary school children.
· JUMC Men’s Club – Fellowship and community service.
· Smart Lunch/Smart Kids – Food distribution to Butts County students during school breaks.
· Clean Community Project – City of Jackson quarterly designated street trash pickup.
· WND (Wednesday Night Dinner) Kitchen Mission –Wednesday dinners while school is in session, includes meal preparation, serving and clean up.
· Angel Tree Project – Christmas gift program for Butts County children with the Butts County Sheriff’s Department.
· Greeting Card Project – Staying in contact with our shut-ins and college students who are away from home.
· Compassion International – Sponsoring children around the world.
· “It’s Scary to be Hungry!” – Food drive for Butts County school children.
· United Methodist Committee on Relief – UMCOR.
If you have any questions, contact Chairperson of Missions, Sherry Reynolds, firstname.lastname@example.org. Missions and Service Committee’s of various projects: Pastor Andy Postell, Al Jordan, Lucia Fletcher, Hazel Newman, Mark and Lisa Cawthon, Larry and Lora Morgan, Debbie Bell, Theresa Hobbs, Stephanie Owen, Pam Stevenson, Charles Polk, Bob Kaylor, Jean Dodson, Lee Nelson, Janie Carmichael, Ruth Brown, and Sherry Reynolds. Contact any of these people if you would like more information, or the church office.