8:45 a.m. Harvest Service: Fellowship Hall
11:00 a.m. Traditional Service: Sanctuary
June 13, 2022 - June 17, 2022
5:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.409 E. Third Street
Go off-road for a Monumental adventure through the colorful canyons and sunbaked trails of the southwest. By exploring God’s awesomeness, kids form a rock-solid faith for the road ahead.
Missions and Service Projects
You, the Congregation of Jackson United Methodist Church, are very busy helping your community near and far. These are the various projects you are involved in at this time.
· CERF – Christian Emergency Relief Foundation, serving residents of Butts County.
· Quarters for Missions/Global Mission Projects – Using Congregational donations for Global Mission projects.
· JUMC Young Adults – Young adult small group gatherings.
· JUMC Youth – Youth fellowship and mission projects.
· JUMC Children – Children fellowship and mission projects.
· Backpack Food Mission/School Supplies Mission – Staying connected to our Butts County Schools to help supplement the food and school supply needs of our county’s children.
· Let’s Wrap – Annual distribution of coats and gloves to Butts County elementary school children.
· Smart Lunch/Smart Kids – Food distribution to Butts County students during school breaks.
· Clean Community Project – City of Jackson quarterly designated street trash pickup.
· WND (Wednesday Night Dinner) Kitchen Mission –Wednesday dinners while school is in session, includes meal preparation, serving and clean up.
· Angel Tree Project – Christmas gift program for Butts County children with the Butts County Sheriff’s Department.
· Greeting Card Project – Staying in contact with our shut-ins and college students who are away from home.
· Compassion International – Sponsoring children around the world.
· “It’s Scary to be Hungry!” – Food drive for Butts County school children.
· United Methodist Committee on Relief – UMCOR.
If you have any questions, contact Chairperson of Missions, Sherry Reynolds, firstname.lastname@example.org. Missions and Service Committee’s of various projects: Pastor Andy Postell, Al Jordan, Lucia Fletcher, Hazel Newman, Mark and Lisa Cawthon, Larry and Lora Morgan, Debbie Bell, Theresa Hobbs, Stephanie Owen, Pam Stevenson, Charles Polk, Bob Kaylor, Jean Dodson, Lee Nelson, Janie Carmichael, Ruth Brown, and Sherry Reynolds. Contact any of these people if you would like more information, or the church office.