Sunday, November 21 Decorating for Christmas following service. Volunteers needed. Email Tim Patterson, Worship Leader for the Harvest (Contemporary) Service, with any questions at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sunday, November 21 Decorating for Christmas following service. Volunteers needed. Email Dionne Pope, Worship Leader for the Traditional Service, with any questions at: email@example.com.
Save the Dates:
December 6, 6:30 p.m.
Administrative Council meeting
Zoom by request only.
December 12, 10 a.m.
with lunch following.
Covered Dish. Hospitality will provide meat,
drinks, and bread.
December 15, 6 and 7:15 p.m.
Youth Play Performance and Dinner.
Free Dinner. Free Entertainment.
December 15: Santa visits Jackson UMC:
Bring your camera.
Santa will be available
5:15 –6:00 p.m. and 6:45-7:15 p.m.
Christmas Eve Services:
Contemporary Service at 5:00 p.m.
with communion and candlight
Location: Fellowship Hall
Traditional Service at 7:00 p.m.
with communion and candlight
Wednesday Night Dinner
December 1, 2021
Parmesan Chicken (Herb chicken)
All of these coats are given to students in Butts County Elementary schools. If you are willing to buy a new coat and drop it off at Jackson United Methodist Church located at 409 East Third Street. The drive will last November -January so as you are out Christmas shopping - think about making a difference in some child's life.
Let’s Wrap Mission is having a coat drive from now to February 28, 2022. We purchase brand-new coats each year in order to continue this wonderful mission to help children in need from Daughtry, Jackson and Stark Elementary, as well as McIntosh Trail Head Start, so that they may have a warm coat for the winter. Because of economic downturns, supply chain interruptions and dwindling Let’s Wrap funds, we are asking you to help by purchasing one new coat for a boy or girl - sizes toddler to 18 or adult sizes small to XX large. Please leave the tags on. A bin is available in the gathering room for the new coats. Those not wanting to shop may instead make a monetary donation of your choice to JUMC and designate funds for Let’s Wrap. The coats collected will be added to our inventory and given out in next year’s Let’s Wrap program during October 2022. We are very grateful for our church’s support of this valuable mission to help Butts County children in need. Contact Stephanie Owen or Pam Stevenson with questions.
Missions and Service Projects
You, the Congregation of Jackson United Methodist Church, are very busy helping your community near and far. These are the various projects you are involved in at this time.
· CERF – Christian Emergency Relief Foundation, serving residents of Butts County.
· Quarters for Missions/Global Mission Projects – Using Congregational donations for Global Mission projects.
· JUMC Young Adults – Young adult small group gatherings.
· JUMC Youth – Youth fellowship and mission projects.
· JUMC Children – Children fellowship and mission projects.
· Backpack Food Mission/School Supplies Mission – Staying connected to our Butts County Schools to help supplement the food and school supply needs of our county’s children.
· Let’s Wrap – Annual distribution of coats and gloves to Butts County elementary school children.
· JUMC Men’s Club – Fellowship and community service.
· Smart Lunch/Smart Kids – Food distribution to Butts County students during school breaks.
· Clean Community Project – City of Jackson quarterly designated street trash pickup.
· WND (Wednesday Night Dinner) Kitchen Mission –Wednesday dinners while school is in session, includes meal preparation, serving and clean up.
· Angel Tree Project – Christmas gift program for Butts County children with the Butts County Sheriff’s Department.
· Greeting Card Project – Staying in contact with our shut-ins and college students who are away from home.
· Compassion International – Sponsoring children around the world.
· “It’s Scary to be Hungry!” – Food drive for Butts County school children.
· United Methodist Committee on Relief – UMCOR.
If you have any questions, contact Chairperson of Missions, Sherry Reynolds, firstname.lastname@example.org. Missions and Service Committee’s of various projects: Pastor Andy Postell, Al Jordan, Lucia Fletcher, Hazel Newman, Mark and Lisa Cawthon, Larry and Lora Morgan, Debbie Bell, Theresa Hobbs, Stephanie Owen, Pam Stevenson, Charles Polk, Bob Kaylor, Jean Dodson, Lee Nelson, Janie Carmichael, Ruth Brown, and Sherry Reynolds. Contact any of these people if you would like more information, or the church office.